Working within a busy engineering environment to produce products partially or completely using CNC grinding machines and manual processes. Setting/operating various machines within the section e.g. Press Brake, Laser Cutters, Laser Markers and Schneeberger CNC grinders as well as and powered tooling to remove burrs, protrusions, etc.
They will be responsible for producing components to layout sheets as provided, making adjustments to tool offsets, potentially program editing with the ability to select, set and change machine tools. They will be working on highly technical products to tight tolerances and strict quality standards.
This is a varied role and a versatile approach is required.
- Operate multi-axis precision grinding machines to produce consumable medical products to meet customers’ specifications and production standards.
- Read, interpret and understand engineering drawings, standards, geometrical tolerances and surface finishes.
- To ensure all components are machined to within the component drawing dimensions and tolerances.
- To ensure all processes are performed in the most efficient manner and within the set cycle times.
- Operate various types of powered grinders/sanders to remove burrs, protrusions, etc. on surfaces to ensure parts meet customers’ specifications and production standards.
- Operate various production machinery to produce consumable medical products e.g. Press Brake, Laser Cutters, Laser Markers.
- Visual quality inspections.
- Liaising with the management and production engineers to maximise the efficient running of the machines.
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience using Schneeberger multi-axis precision grinding machines (desirable)
- Experience in programming or ability/willingness to learn.
- Manufacturing experience within a high precision industry
- Experience using precision measuring equipment (essential)
- Comfortable working to deadlines and tolerances.
- Experienced working in a fast paced environment.
- Pride in work.
- Good attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Safe and efficient approach to work.
Able to work to relevant H&S standards.