Bushell & Meadows is growing and we are looking for motivated individuals to join our team.
Earn while you learn with Bushell & Meadows
Our apprenticeships are for students who have completed their GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications), and would like to continue studying whilst gaining practical experience within the workplace.
You will study towards qualifications that will be directly applied to the work you will be undertaking. On top of this we’ll reward you with a progressive salary and benefits package.
Our apprenticeships are well established within the business with many of our current employees starting their careers this way.
Bushell & Meadows Apprenticeships – providing you with the perfect blend of learning to accelerate your career:
- Our apprenticeships are ideally suited if you wish to continue learning in a practical environment post GCSE.
- Each year we look to recruit passionate people onto our apprenticeship programme and many of our current employees started their careers this way.
- Our apprenticeship programme gives you the opportunity to learn practical and theoretical knowledge that directly relates to the work you will be doing on a daily basis, and in the future allow you to take control of your own development and career progression while simultaneously making a real impact on the business’ success
- During your apprenticeship you’ll gain great practical experience in your chosen discipline, including learning key skills such as precision machining, inspection, communication, team work, as well as excellent life skills
- Qualification on completion would be a National Diploma in Mechanical engineering.
- Our Apprenticeship length is 4 years.
What we look for
- We want passionate, hard-working and ambitious people to join our team. You must have strong communication skills, be able to work within diverse teams and embrace change. We need you to continually seek to improve the business and yourself.
- We require you to be working towards, or hold a minimum of, 5 GCSEs grade C (4) or above including Maths, English Language and Science plus 2 other subjects
What we offer you
- Apprentice salaries are competitive with progression over the course of your programme. In addition to your salary, we’ll fully fund your qualifications, a significant investment in your career development
- We also offer you a great package of benefits in conjunction with a fantastic training and development programme:
- 21 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Entry into pension scheme.
- Competitive overtime rates and company bonus scheme.
- Entry into Life assurance scheme.
- World class working practices.
- Reward and recognition.
- All safety clothing provided free of charge.
How to prepare
Our recruitment process is designed to give you the chance to showcase yourself. We’ve outlined what to expect. If you have any special requirements for us to consider, please get in touch with our Human Resources department.
- The best advice we can give you for the interview is to be yourself, relax and enjoy the experience – it will help us to get to know each other better.
- We’re interested in you – so tell us about what YOU have done and achieved.
- Attention to detail is important at Bushell and Meadows so make sure you prepare, think about the questions we’ll ask you and what answers you will give. You could practice with a relative or friend
- Keep in mind the type of skills and behaviours that we’re looking for.
- Plan your journey, allow enough time for travelling.
- Dress smartly and be on time